How to Make Pizza - Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
Just a few years ago, I courageously attempted to bake breads but none of my efforts worked and the breads just would not rise. What was supposed to evolve into a soft and fluffy loaf in the oven turned out to be a hardened lump of flour. Since then, I have firmly decided to stay away from anything that requires yeast as one of its ingredients.
It wasn't until a last December that I regained the confidence to take up baking again. Interest, coupled with the perfect pizza recipe that is so easy and effortless to follow, has victoriously made baking my favorite pastime again.
This easy step-by-step pizza dough recipe has been tried and tested and it makes 4-5 small pizza bases that will turn crispy and crusty when baked.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Extra flour for working
- 1 tsp. fine salt
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. plain yogurt
Step-by-step Pizza Dough Recipe1. Stir yeast in hot water until dissolved. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and yogurt. Add yeast into the flour mixture:
2. Stir mixture in circular motion with a fork until tiny crumbles are formed:
3. Press and flatten crumbles until a dough is formed:
4. Transfer dough onto a surface that has been liberally dusted with flour:
5. Knead dough for 10-15 minutes until it is soft and elastic. My kneading method is to fold all four sides into the middle and flatten the dough starting from the middle to the edge. Repeat the process until the desired texture is achieved:
6. After kneading, roll dough into a firm ball:
7. Place dough into a bowl that has already been greased with olive oil. This is to ensure that the dough does not stick to the bowl after rising. Cover the bowl with a lid/foil. Place it in a warm area and leave it to rise for about 4-5 hours:
8. Once dough has risen, divide it into smaller portions. Cover bowl and allow dough to rise for another 1-2 hours. Your dough will be ready after this last step. They can either be used right away, or be kept in air-tight containers to be refrigerated (best used within one week).