What It's Like Inside a Capsule Hotel
While traveling in China, I have unexpectedly chanced upon a capsule hotel which is both cheap and conveniently located near a metro station. I've spent a night in a capsule and the experience was pretty exciting.
The idea behind capsule hotels or kapuseru hoteru originated from Japan (a.k.a. the world's most innovative country). It features a large number of compact capsules to make it possible to provide guests with a cheap and basic overnight accommodation. I find this very useful for solo travelers for it comes with the much needed privacy and comfort.
|Soft, plushy pillows and duvets|
|Also comes with in-capsule entertainment. Great selection of movies!|
|Mine even comes with four different type of cool lighting|
Common features of a capsule hotel:Inside a capsule:
- Safe box (most budget hotels do not even have this)
- Entertainment: Movies/Music + earphones
- Lighting (top, back, TV, mirror, reading)
- Cup holder
- Toiletries - Slippers, soap, towels etc
|Toiletries are usually provided in capsule hotels|
- Common area
- Large communal bathing areas with hair dryers etc
- Complimentary PC and WiFi usage
- Separate sections for female and males
Remember to drop by a capsule hotel when you have the chance. There are many choices available on Booking.com to suit your preference and travel destination!