Recipe: Easy Asian Ramen Stir-Fry
|Recipe: Easy Asian Ramen Stir-Fry|
I am not one to recommend the consumption of instant ramen, but having it once a month may just be the most heartening thing someone with a craving appetite could do.
While ramen is said to have detrimental effects on health - causing strokes, cardiometabolic syndrome and heart disease due to the ridiculously large amounts of salt, artificial flavors and preservatives it contains, the harm can be drastically subdued with a few simple tricks:
- Use half the seasoning or entirely replacing it with a simple homemade sauce concoction
- Include protein and fiber such as chicken breasts, tofu or spinach
- Totally discard the chemical-loaded water used to cook ramen
Easy Asian Ramen Stir-FryPreparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
1 red onion, coarsely chopped
6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 red chili, deseeded and coarsely chopped
1 tbsp thick soy sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cooking wine
1 tbsp chicken powder
1 tbsp sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 blocks ramen, cooked
80 grams roasted pork belly, sliced
White sesame seeds
- Stir-fry chopped red onion and garlic in hot oil until fragrant and slightly brownish. Add deseeded and diced red chiles.
- Add thick soy sauce, soy sauce, pepper, cooking wine, chicken powder and sesame oil.
- Add cooked ramen and stir-fry until all the ingredients are evenly spread. Plate.
- Garnish with sliced roasted pork belly, coriander, toasted white sesame seeds, fried shallots and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- Serve warm.
For more recipes, click here.