How to Apply for Myanmar Visa in Malaysia
Aside from applying online (which is usually more expensive), you can make your way to Jalan Tun Perak and have your visa ready within a day. The Myanmar Embassy has outsourced the visa processing service exclusively to the Ever Fine Services in Kuala Lumpur.
- Two (2) passport-size photo (white background)
- Filled application form (download online)
- Passport with a minimum validity of 6 months
- Flight itinerary
- Proof of accommodation
- Tourist Visa is for single entry only.
- Tourist visa allows a stay of up to 28 days from the date of arrival.
- Tourist Visa is valid for three (3) months from the date of issue.
- You must have proof of accommodation as you are only allowed to stay in hotels and guesthouses in Myanmar.
- Your passport must have a minimum of three (3) empty pages.
- Children below the age of 16 are required to bring along a copy of their birth certificates.
|In Myanmar, children as young as seven years old devote their lives to become monks.|
- If you are driving, there is a public parking lot opposite Wisma Lau Chung for RM8/hour. A cheaper alternative is to take the LRT to Masjid Jamek Station, which is only 100m away.
- If your application is submitted before 11.30am, you will be able to collect your passport on the same day at 4.30pm.
- If your application is submitted after 11.30am, you will be able to collect your passport on the next working day.
- There are five (5) different types of visas issued, including Tourist Visa, Business Visa, Multiple Visa, Social Visit Visa, and Religious Visa.
Ever Fine Services
Opening hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm
No. 19 & 21 Mezzanine Floor (above KFC)
Wisma Lau Chung
Jalan Tun Perak
50000 Kuala Lumpur
For related travel stories, click here.