Mussels in Fragrant Thai-Style Broth Recipe
Mussels in Fragrant Thai Broth Recipe
1 box of Talley's Greenshell Mussels
6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
3 sticks of lemongrass, white part thinly sliced
6 kaffir lime leaves
1 large green onion, sliced
1 small ginger, thinly sliced
4 dried chilies, crushed
30g Anchor butter
8 cups water
1 cube chicken stock
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup fresh coconut milk
- Heat water to a boil. Add every ingredient in (B) except for coconut milk and leave to simmer for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add every ingredient in (A) into the broth. Simmer further for 10 minutes on medium heat to allow flavors to ooze out.
- Add in the coconut milk and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add mussels into broth. Cook for 2 minutes and serve immediately.
- Garnish with (C) and serve hot. Drizzle some fish sauce for the final touch.